MultiSneS16 is a variant of Snes9x open source emulator that lets you play classic games with your friends via LAN network or Online (requires logging in using a Social Network account, no third-party apps needed). This app supports hassle-free online multiplayer without any manual setup or opening network ports.
- Offline Single-player mode.
- LAN & Wifi Direct & Online Multiplayer mode. It is consistent, has no de-syncing problems like traditional scheduled synchronization method. And it supports long distance (cross-countries) connections. However, the gameplay quality will depend on your network connection’s speed.
- Invite others to play Online using a Social Network account.
- There are also online Public Servers created by users that can be joined by anyone.
- Text chat when playing Multiplayer.
- Supports saving & loading game’ states, even when playing multiplayer (on host side only).
- Supports cheats, even in multiplayer mode.
- Supports both hardware controllers and virtual/on-screen/touch based controller.
- Editable virtual buttons’ layout.
- Full screen display mode.
- This emulator is powered by the open source Snes9x core.
- Location permission is required for Wifi Direct multiplayer mode. Without it, 2nd player cannot find the 1st player who created the network game session.
- The app doesn’t come with any games. You have to copy roms to your device’s sdcard. Their locations will be detected automatically by the app itself. Both .zip, .smc, .sfc, and .swc files are accepted.
- When playing multiplayer, second player is not required to have the game roms in his/her devices, it is only required for the first player (i.e. the host).
- To reduce lag during multiplayer, place your devices as close as possible to each other and to the Router/Access Point.
- Alternatively, using Wifi Direct option if your device supports it.
- Playing over Internet consumes quite a lot of bandwidth which is roughly 60-100 KB per second.
- The one hosting the game through Internet is required to have the minimum upload speed around 60 KB/s (512 Kbps).
- If you encounter severe lags, sometimes a simple router or both players’ device’s wifi restart might help.
- There are some routers that don’t support direct Internet multiplayer hosting due to their Firewall settings. If it is the case, the app will attempt to use relay server to relay data between 2 players, though the bandwidth will be limited if relay server is used by too many people. If relay server still fails, you will probably see “Remote connection timeout or disconnected” message popped up on guest player side. You can try to switch roles, i.e. guest becomes host and vice versa. If we are lucky, the new host’s router will allow the connection between two players.
- This application is in no way endorsed by or affiliated with the original hardware creators.
THE APP IS CURRENTLY STILL IN EARLY PREVIEW STATE, THUS WE WOULD BE GRATEFUL IF YOU COULD HELP US REPORTING BUGS TO [email protected] THANK YOU.
MultiSneS16 is a completely non-commercial app. No ads are included inside it.
- Thanks Ozzed for free 8 bit music. https://ozzed.net
- Screenshots are from the public domain homebrew game Hysteria.
- Added an option to change display aspect ratio.
- Game list can now be filtered.
- Online Servers can now optionally be protected by password to avoid unwanted players.
- Google Play Game Services invitation mode has been discontinued.
- Disabled ads and analytics.
- Disabled Google: all services and receivers.
- Cleaned up resources.