At this point in the film we don’t need to come and introduce you to YouTube as the most important video portal on the Internet no matter how much Facebook has tried to compete with it or how much you have other alternatives, such as Vimeo. What we can do is tell you that there are alternative apps to enjoy its contents and that’s exactly what SmartTube Next is all about.
A YouTube client for Android devices and Android TV
YouTube has its official app but what SmartTube offers is another way to access its contents through a different interface that aims to make the various services offered by the portal more usable. To do this, it has a very basic and simple design, to simplify as much as possible the actions that the user can carry out.
These are the main functions it offers:
- Navigate between specific contents divided into categories such as news, games or music.
- Navigate through your subscriptions, playlists or search and play history.
- Play videos (more).
- Like or dislike and subscribe to channels.
- Change your player usage options.
- Animated preview of the videos.
The app works on both mobile devices and devices with Android TV, so you can download it to get more out of YouTube on your TV.