The Spectator US v1.0.3262 (Subscribed)
The Spectator’s mission is to entertain, inform, delight and infuriate our readers. From politics to culture, current affairs to reviews, a wide range of topics are intelligently commented on daily and in our monthly magazine.
The Spectator was established in 1828 in Britain. In 2018, after a mere 190 years, we launched our US edition, with the goal of bringing the same insight, original thought and writing to an American audience.
We hold no party line; our only allegiance is to clarity of thought, elegance of expression and independence of opinion. Our writers opinions range from left to right, their circumstances vary. We do not strive for impartiality — our motto is ‘firm, but unfair’ — but for originality and style.
“At last Britain’s foremost periodical, first published 1828, brings the English language to America. Here is the native tongue of wit, learning, and sense — wise rather than wised-up, clever but not too clever by half, and humorous in a way that answers to every humor including blood, phlegm, and bile of diverse colors. Civilized reading for barbarous times.”
-P.J. O’Rourke on The Spectator
“You can go to hell—you and your irrelevant rag.”
The Spectator US Features
- The Spectator’s US edition app is free to download. Purchase single editions or subscribe to The Spectator through our website at spectator.us/subscribe.
- Read every issue monthly before it goes on sale.
- Download the magazine and read it offline or on the move.
- Listen to Spectator podcasts.
- Share articles via email, Facebook and Twitter.
- Store and access your back issues or store individual articles in your person scrapbook.
“A fantastic magazine.”
- Tucker Carlson
“The Spectator US is serious without being earnest, lively without being superficial, au courant without being trendy. You owe it to yourself to subscribe.”
- Roger Kimball
- Developer: The Spectator Magazine
- Rating: 0.0
- Downloads: 10+
- Age: Everyone 10+