14-Day FREE Trial Edition now also available. Search for ‘ActiMap FREE’
Designed for use in the great outdoors as a GPS and navigation aid, ActiMap is your best companion for outdoor and backcountry activities such as hiking, cycling, mountain biking, ski touring, and most things except caving…
ActiMap comes with a small starter library of online maps (map sources) pre-installed, and with the ability to easily add your own from the ActiMap online map sources library, or manually.
The starter library includes:
European topographic outdoor maps with contours and hillshading based on OpenStreetMap data
Worldwide hike and bike maps based on OpenStreetMap data
The OpenStreet cycle map
ArcGIS World Topo map:
Land cover and World topographic maps from various sources hosted by Esri
With a focus on selected National topographic maps which are not based on OpenStreetMap data, the online map sources library currently includes those for Austria, Belgium, Canada, France, Germany, Great Britain, Italy, New Zealand, Norway, Spain, and the United States.
National topographic maps of Austria and Germany
Norwegian Mapping Authority:
National topographic maps of Norway
UK Ordnance Survey Landranger and Explorer type outdoor maps from Bing (*)
Topographic maps of France from géoportail
USGS topographic maps at 1:100000 and 1:24000 of the USA
You will also find World satellite imagery. This library will be updated regularly, and you can start importing straight away. Be sure to keep coming back!
Regions of maps can be downloaded for use offline, and you can record and display tracks of your journeys.
Look at these other features:
- Simple interface design specifically for use on the go
- One tap control of track recording
- Real-time altitude profile of your current track
- Add named waypoints to your current track
- Real-time current location, heading, and track display
- Compass with both magnetic and true-North bearings
- Mini-compass display on the map
- Low battery usage
- Download multiple maps simultaneously
- Pause and resume map downloads
- Import, export and share downloaded maps
- Import, export and share GPX files
- Import, export and share online map source definitions
- Import and view Garmin Training Center (TCX) tracks
- Manually add and edit map sources
- Display multiple tracks and routes in different colours
- Display points of interest and waypoints
- Smooth map scrolling
- Smooth zooming, not limited to fixed zoom levels
- Map scaling for easier reading of small map fonts
- Embedded help guide for use offline
The ActiMap user interface is currently in English and German (BETA) only
When purchasing ActiMap, you are only purchasing the functionality the app provides, and not a license to use the mapping data. The usage and licensing rights of the maps (and potentially of downloaded GPX tracks) you access are the property of their providers, and you are kindly asked to honour them. All online maps in the starter library and the ActiMap online library are also publicly accessible online for free via their respective websites.
Bing Maps, while publicly accessible at bing.com/maps, requires a key for access within an app such as ActiMap. The embedded ActiMap key is a basic limited-use key. As such, permanent on-going free access to Bing Maps is not guaranteed, and will be reviewed based on usage.
Act Now! Get The Outdoor Map App You Need – ActiMap!
~ Fixed an issue whereby the app could sometimes crash when resuming after closing
126.96.36.199 - 188.8.131.52
~ Fixed an issue whereby the app could crash when recovering a corrupt GPX track, for example after loss of power
~ Fixed an issue whereby the ActiMap online map sources library could become inaccessible
~ Added support for more advanced map sources
~ Improved general error and crash reporting
~ Fixed an issue whereby the app could fail to launch in some languages or localizations