Commboards is an AAC Speech Assistance app that enables children and people of all ages with limited verbal abilities to express themselves and more easily communicate with the world around them, by utilizing a proved system of communication boards. Help your child or loved one communicate in an intuitive and fun way.
When tapping on a series of pictures or a symbols, the created sentence is being read aloud, which in turn encourages oral speech and helps express thoughts and feelings, in the method of Augmentative and Alternative Communication (AAC).
It can benefit people with Autism, Aspergers and other common conditions related to verbal self-expression.
After downloading CommBoards, no internet connection or mobile contract is necessary for continuous use. You can use CommBoards in almost any situation, like schools, hospitals, and even during flights.
CommBoards’ image bank contains a rich collection of easy to understand imagery, as well as the option to add existing images from the device or take new photos with the device camera.
CommBoards is a feature-packed solution that includes:
Predefined communication boards :
- Eat – common foods
- Drink – common drinks
- Feel – happy, sad, angry, confused
- Play – common children toys and creativity items
- Say Hello To – mom, dad, grandparents
- High-quality imagery
- Unlimited creation of new categories with custom images and sounds
- Select images from our rich image bank
- Natural pronunciation of sounds and easy to understand images
- Associate photos to cells using the camera or use images from your gallery
- Record sounds using the microphone and associate it with any cell
- Pre-configured for kids with autism spectrum disorder (ASD)
Suitable for :
- Autism symptoms and Asperger syndrome
- Speech Apraxia
- Articulation/phonological disorder
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis (ALS)
- Motor Neuron Disease (MND)
- Cerebral palsy
- Down syndrome
Full support for multiple languages:
English, Russian, Hebrew, Chinese and Spanish!
Used by Speech-Language Pathologists (SLP) all over the world