DD-WRT Companion v11.0.0-5 (Patched)
- Version 13.0.0-2/95ec776a-google
- Android 4.4 / 4.4W
- Developers Armel Soro
- Category Productivity
- Price $5.99
- Google Play page app
DD-WRT is a Linux based alternative OpenSource firmware suitable for a great variety of wireless (WLAN) routers and embedded systems.
Had you ever tried to use the DD-WRT web interface on an Android device, you should have noticed how impractical it is to navigate with.
This app lets you monitor and manage your DD-WRT routers on the go. Anytime. Anywhere.
Management features are being added progressively.
This app requires Secure SHell (SSH) to be enabled (and working!) on the router (and maybe external access if your router is behind a NAT network).
See the support website for instructions on how to setup your router(s): http://help.ddwrt-companion.rm3l.org
DD-WRT Companion supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods. We do recommend you leverage strong public-private key authentication for SSH access.
DD-WRT Companion Features
- Material Design UI, with Dark and Light themes
- Can handle multiple routers, each with different set of settings
- It supports both private key and password-based SSH authentication methods. Of course, such sensitive info is encrypted locally and never ever leave your mobile device.
- PIN protection
- Home Screen Widgets
- Access Restrictions (Parental Control)
- Speed Testing
- WAN connection status + Network Topology Map
- Traffic monitoring + sharing with detailed daily breakdown
- Backup (as RAW or CSV) and Restore WAN Monthly Traffic Data
- List of hosts connected
- Notifications – can also show up on wearable devices like smartwatches
- View details on the network card manufacturer
- Monitor Active IP Connections (overall and per-client)
- Distribution Pie charts: view top hosts (destination IPs with the most active connections, or local hosts with the most active connections)
- View name, IP and MAC addresses, Last Seen date, download/upload rates, total download/upload bandwidth usage, wireless network name, …
- View RSSI, Signal Strength and SNR for wireless clients
- Various sorting and filters options
- Monitor WAN (Internet) Realtime Traffic for each connected host, with the ability to disable or enable WAN Access with the click of a finger
- Set local aliases, so you won’t always have to remember which MAC Address belongs to which user/device
- Wake on LAN (WOL) support
- Syslog stream output, with keyword lookup and sorting capability
- Ability to set per-router preferences (sync interval, theme, …)
- OpenVPN logs, with keyword lookup
- OpenVPN Client settings editing: for example, you can change the target VPN server
- Wireless Networks QR-Codes preview and sharing: you now no longer need to share your WiFi password to your guests. Just share the generated QR Code and they can connect instantly (provided they use a compatible QR Code scanner app)
- NVRAM variables listing, editing and sharing
- Actions on Router: reboot, hard-reset to default, backup / restore
- Toolbox utilities for your Router for troubleshooting potential issues: state-of-the-art network diagnostics tools (e.g., ping, traceroute, nslookup, …) are included
- issue any commands to your router, remotely, and retrieve the output
- Home Screen Widgets
Please note that this app is not affiliated to the official DD-WRT project.
For details on which permissions we request and why, please see: https://help.ddwrt-companion.app/android/permissions.html
Some DD-WRT builds (such as r21061) reportedly have SSH connection issues. The issue is with the SSH server itself, not with this app.
If the app cannot connect to your Router, first ensure you can SSH into your Router from a computer, using the same credentials you provided to the app.
Feel free to reach out to me at email@example.com for any inquiries.
Support Pages: https://help.ddwrt-companion.app
- Developer: Armel Soro
- Rating: 4.5
- Vote: 630
- Downloads: 5,000+
- Age: Everyone
0 CommentSend comment