Android devices in different brands use screens with different qualities, each of which has its own capabilities and somehow shows the power of the device to the user. If we want to logically examine different devices, Samsung can be considered among the best in screen quality, which is part of the reason for the high price of its smartphones. But it is better to know that each screen has its own abilities, which we intend to introduce you to in this post! Display Tester Pro Unlocked is a wonderful software for testing the screen of Android devices, which was developed by Braintrapp group and published in the big market of Google Play. This tool tests your screen in a specific and comprehensive way and provides you with a completely reasonable result. From the dead pixels test to the screen multi-touch ability test, everything is included in this application so that you can get to know the real strength of your screen!
Some features and capabilities of the Android Display Tester program:
- Test for dead pixels by displaying a series of colored backgrounds
- Contrast, gradient and saturation test
- Gamma calibration test
- Viewing angle test (unusable for OLED screens)
- Multi-touch screen test
- Screen performance test
- Screen measurement information such as screen size, type of graphics processor, dpi, etc.
- Full support for Google Cast
- Test different font sizes
- Manual DPI measurement
- color chart
- Measurement and calculation of DIP / PX
DisplayTester makes it possible to test almost every aspect of your device’s LCD/OLED screen. Using Google Cast it is possible to test the display quality of your TV. It is designed to allow full screen testing also on devices with soft keys (hiding the soft keys in ICS and later, immersive mode in KitKat and later).
- Dead pixel test: detect “dead pixels” by displaying a series of solid background color pages
- Color tests: contrast, gradient (banding) and saturation tests
- Gamma calibration tests (grey/red/green/blue)
- Viewing angle tests (This is useless for OLED displays)
- Wide gamut color test
- Multi-touch test
- Display performance tests
- Repair burn in – scrolling black & white bars
- Display measures info: screen size, GPU type, dpi, density-independent pixel size, OpenGL 1.x info, pixel format
- Real world pictures for reference and comparison
- 4-color gradient test with orientation change correction (Android 2.2 and higher)
- Pixel format & dithering tests
- Built-in font styles test
- Manually DPI measurement
- Color charts
- Touch screen dead spot tester
- System Fonts tester
- DIP / PX calculator
- Full Google Cast support
- Repair burn in – noise (white, b&w, red, green, blue)
Soft key hiding in ICS/Honeycomb/JellyBean
Use the preferences menu option for this or simply long touch the display during a test is running.
- Slide left-right: change test image
- Slide up-down: change brightness
- Long touch: switch between full screen and normal screen (Android 3.0 and higher)
- Double tap: hide or show the test specific settings dialogue (if available)
When the soft keys are hidden it is not easy to advance to the next screen: First tap to make the buttons appear, then a quick swipe for the next screen before the buttons are hidden again.
Please consider purchasing the Pro version to support further development.
If you are having a problem or you have a suggestion about a missing feature, the ONLY way it will get done is if you email me! 🙂