Secure Your Machine, Against Viruses And Less
ESET Internet Security is a desktop security suite from the long-running security software vendor ESET. In addition to providing information to the public and other vendors on viruses and other malware, here they’ve provided a piece of software that takes care of the obvious security threats, such as through an antivirus, but also provides a bevy of other features to discover and fend off subtler attacks, such as a router monitor.
What ESET Internet Security Can Do
ESET Internet Security promises not to use too many system resources, leaving it with a small footprint. In our testing this is true, and we could leave it running, still protected, while playing games, encoding movies and performing other intensive tasks. However, the flip side of this is that especially on larger file systems, the virus scan can take a while to finish. Other features make it very versatile: you can see if your camera or router’s being used, and by who, for example.
And What It Does Well
Overall, ESET Internet Security provides a very effective antivirus engine, but one that runs a bit more slowly than even free competition such as Malwarebytes. That said, its real-time protection features are unobtrusive, and the additional features it provides much be worth one’s while to ensure that, in an evolving world, you’re not caught off guard by a camera hacker stealing the details of your private conversations or a basic but lesser-known piece of spyware.
- DEVELOPER: ESET
- OS: Windows 7, Windows Vista, Windows 98, Windows 8, Windows 2003, Windows 2000, Windows XP, Windows 2008, Windows 10, Windows 2012 (x64/x86)
- LANGUAGE: Multilingual
- Available languages: English, Italian, Polish, Spanish, French, Chinese, Japanese, German
- License Model: Purchase
- Price: $49.99 (Free In DLPure)
- Added: WMI scanner.
- Added: registry scanner.
- Improved: Product change function (no OS restart).
- Improved: Notification of a highly secured product under the proposed license.
- Improved: “Protect all browsers” function, which allows the user to launch the browsers supported by the antivirus in protected mode by default.
- Improved: internal optimization.
- Minor bugs fixed.