MSC Adams. The Multibody Dynamics Simulation Solution. Adams helps engineers to study the dynamics of moving parts, and how loads and forces are distributed throughout mechanical systems.
Product manufacturers often struggle to understand true system performance until very late in the design process. Mechanical, electrical, and other subsystems are validated against their specific requirements within the systems engineering process, but full-system testing and validation comes late, leading to rework and design changes that are riskier and more costly than those made early on.
Simulate “Real World” Physics
As the world’s most famous and widely used Multibody Dynamics (MBD) software, Adams improves engineering efficiency and reduces product development costs by enabling early system-level design validation. Engineers can evaluate and manage the complex interactions between disciplines including motion, structures, actuation, and controls to better optimize product designs for performance, safety, and comfort. Along with extensive analysis capabilities, Adams is optimized for large-scale problems, taking advantage of high performance computing environments.
Utilizing multibody dynamics solution technology, Adams runs nonlinear dynamics in a fraction of the time required by FEA solutions. Loads and forces computed by Adams simulations improve the accuracy of FEA by providing better assessment of how they vary throughout a full range of motion and operating environments.
Adams Multidiscipline Solutions
Optional modules available with Adams allow users to integrate mechanical components, pneumatics, hydraulics, electronics, and control systems technologies to build and test virtual prototypes that accurately account for the interactions between these subsystems.
Adams Control integration – Adams Control and Adams Mechatronics
MSC Adams Mechatronics is a plug-in to Adams which can be used to easily incorporate control systems into mechanical models. Adams Mechatronics has been developed based on the Adams Control functionality and contains modeling elements which transfer information to/from the control system. For example, using Adams Mechatronics in Adams Car, you can quickly create assemblies of vehicle systems including control systems, and then analyze them to understand their performance and behavior.
MSC Adams Features:
- Add a sophisticated controls representation to your Adams model
- Connect your Adams model to block diagram models you’ve developed with control applications such as Easy5® or MATLAB®
- Experience flexibility in simulation styles to suit your problems’ needs: simulate within Adams, within the controls software or co- simulation
- Access advanced pre-processing for Adams Controls
- Setup and couple a control system to a mechanical system
- Convert signal units automatically
- Connect transducer and actuator signals to the control systems easily
- Conveniently review and modify the control system input and output specifications
- Ideal for complex integrations