WinRAR v6.01 Beta 1 +v6.0 Final
WinRAR 5 is a powerful archive manager for Windows. This is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. It can backup your data and reduce size of email attachments, decompress RAR, ZIP and other files downloaded from Internet and create new archives in RAR and ZIP file format. The archiver puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disc space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well. WinRAR is ideal for multimedia files. It automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method.
The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well. RAR files can usually compress content by 8 percent to 15 percent more than ZIP files can.
Features of WinRAR:
- It is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives.
- It puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
- Supports all popular compression formats (RAR, ZIP, CAB, ARJ, LZH, ACE, TAR, GZip, UUE, ISO, BZIP2, Z and 7-Zip).
- It is ideal for multimedia files. Automatically recognizes and selects the best compression method. The special compression algorithm compresses multimedia files, executables and object libraries particularly well.
- Allows you to split archives into separate volumes easily, making it possible to save them on several disks for example.
- Allows you to create selfextracting and multivolume archives.
- Recovery record and recovery volumes allow to reconstruct even physically damaged archives.
- It is also ideal, if you are sending data through the web. Its 256 bit password encryption and its authenticated signature technology will give you the peace of mind you have been looking for.
- It is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special “Wizard” mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
- It is a trial product, meaning you have the chance to thoroughly test it. The program can be used absolutely free of charge for 40 days!
- Licenses are valid for all available language and platform versions. If you have purchased several licenses, you can even mix versions to meet your own personal needs.
WinRAR, available in multiple languages
These two features have made it one of the most popular programs among millions of users: available in dozens of languages and optimized for all kinds of processors, which makes it suitable to be installed on Windows XP, 7 or 10.
But also other features, such as its integration into the contextual menu of our operating system or the verification of corrupt files: if you work with a file that has any kind of problem, this tool will warn you.
Version 6.01 beta 1 1. Ctrl+A keyboard shortcut selects the entire text in WinRAR comment window. 2. If -idn switch is used together with -t or -df in console RAR when archiving, it additionally disables "Deleting <filename>" or "Testing <filename>" messages, normally issued by these switches. Also -idn disables folder creation messages when extracting a file to non-existing folder. 3. WinRAR and ZIP SFX module refuse to extract contents of ZIP SFX archives if ZIP central directory is resided after beginning of Authenticode digital signature. It is done to prevent possible attacks with inclusion of ZIP archive into signature body. 4. Bugs fixed: a) "Convert archives" command could incorrectly convert Unicode comments in RAR archives. b) if two archive information windows had been opened from Explorer context menu, the compression ratio bar in the first window could erroneously display a value for second archive. It did not affect the ratio and other text details at the right of window. Only the vertical bar at the left could be updated to a wrong value; c) if "Wait if other WinRAR copies are active" option was enabled in extraction dialog, "Waiting for another WinRAR copy" title was not set in command progress window while waiting; d) when extracting a symbolic link, previous versions did not overwrite existing symbolic links even if user requested it in overwrite prompt.